Wednesday, October 1, 2008

life as i know it

to start... i realize that i am absolutely terrible at keeping up with this blog.

my apologies to whoever you are.

couple of announcements about life:

(1) got a scooter. yes, that is right.
(2) saw Sigur Ros in concert. do yourself a favor and check out their newest album Med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust (With a buzz in our ears we play endlessly). They are icelandic, if you didn't pick up on the NOT English album title.
(3) I just got my snowboarding pass tonight for 1/2 off! attempting to try out Winter Park and Copper this snowboarding season.....ahhh i cannot wait!
(4) My foot is still healing..... slowly..... I may make a trip back to the Doctors sometime soon.
(5) I am probably moving in with a family in a month or so! Goodbye over expensive apartment complex!

I read Psalm 51 the other day and it literally knocked my socks off. I thought I would put it on here to read... It's in the message version.

Psalm 51

Generous in love—God, give grace! Huge in mercy—wipe out my bad record.
Scrub away my guilt,
soak out my sins in your laundry.
I know how bad I've been;
my sins are staring me down.

You're the One I've violated, and you've seen
it all, seen the full extent of my evil.
You have all the facts before you;
whatever you decide about me is fair.
I've been out of step with you for a long time,
in the wrong since before I was born.
What you're after is truth from the inside out.
Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.

Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean,
scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.
Tune me in to foot-tapping songs,
set these once-broken bones to dancing.
Don't look too close for blemishes,
give me a clean bill of health.
God, make a fresh start in me,
shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.
Don't throw me out with the trash,
or fail to breathe holiness in me.
Bring me back from gray exile,
put a fresh wind in my sails!
Give me a job teaching rebels your ways
so the lost can find their way home.
Commute my death sentence, God, my salvation God,
and I'll sing anthems to your life-giving ways.
Unbutton my lips, dear God;
I'll let loose with your praise.

Going through the motions doesn't please you,
a flawless performance is nothing to you.
I learned God-worship
when my pride was shattered.
Heart-shattered lives ready for love
don't for a moment escape God's notice.

Make Zion the place you delight in,
repair Jerusalem's broken-down walls.
Then you'll get real worship from us,
acts of worship small and large,
Including all the bulls
they can heave onto your altar!


Oh dear David.... how you write what at times I am feeling. This psalm was just so extremely powerful to me. Resonated a lot with how I have been feeling and what to do in life at this time. May this psalm encourage or convict you during your day and may we live out a life continuously learning how to live our lives for the glory of the Lord.

Oh, and my hair is long.... I need a hair cut

1 comment:

Megs said...

How did you get your pass for half off???? Can you let me in on this secret??? Oh and by the way along with my amazing $2 ski goggles i now am the proud owner of a $47 amazing ski jacket! I am so ready for ski season!!! :) I think you should name your scooter, scoot perhaps or anton. I don't know but it should be done.