Tuesday, November 25, 2008

the happenings

first, let's take time to look at this precious pic:

second - here are my latest ramblings during this festive season of thanksgiving...

third - i am using this blog to productively procrastinate finishing a book and typing a 10-page paper with it. i am just spend with that class...and it will get done sooner or later.

ok...the latest happenings:
  • my niece is a-d-or-able. it has been about 3 months since I have seen her, and she has grown sooooo much! she is pretty much the coolest thing ever. My family is so blessed to have her, and for the first time, i mentally justified in my head that I could see myself moving closer to home in the future to be near this tyke. she is so precious that she nearly brings me to tears.
  • i went snowboarding this last week for the first time of the season! although i had to take it easy a bit with my recovering ankle (geriatric style) it felt good. it was great to hear my board carve against the snow and enjoy the beauty. i am a bit sore from the day, but it was well worth it. i hope to make it out quite a bit!
  • It's true. I am slowly becoming a coffee snob. during my time in hastings over this thanksgiving break, I ventured to the local coffee house 'the blue moon' to check out the competition.... being a barista and all. After analyzing their menu, inquiring on a few drinks, and noting the cost, I concluded that it was a good coffee shop, but i still appreciate 'solid grounds' thoroughly. at least we steam are milk waaaaay better! ha. here's to you coffee lovers - SALUD!
  • This thanksgiving break has already been memorable thus far, and is not over. this is the list of things that have happened thus far:
    • went to grand island, did some shopping, went to a dentist, went to an orthodontist, got my wire off but getting a retainer, stopped to get a new cell phone, seen my niece, seen my family, went out for a birthday supper--got a steak and was embarrassed with a happy birthday song, ran into people i know
    • what is on the agenda--traveling, working on a paper, grace's baby dedication, seeing my older sister brandy, chiropractor appointment, possible haircut for my shag, skers and buffs game! (go skers!), getting to see amber for a bit, eat some good food, have good conversations, and just enjoy life.
There is definitely something appealing about Hastings, Nebraska... as odd as that may seem, the majority of folk here have a grasp on what it means to live a simplistic life. I am down with that.....but Colorado has the mountains. :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why did I not ever know that your family lived in Hastings? I guess I've always just heard you talk about Nebraska. Did you ever know the Rapier family? We can talk about this on Sunday, but I realized that if I didn't write it NOW, I would forget.