Sunday, March 2, 2008

counting sheep and countdowns

well...

i can't sleep.

i really don't know why. i woke up at 8:30 this morning.... no naps.... a little bit of pop and sunshine and a lot of reading and homework throughout the day.....but now, i'm just not tired.

so what better way to wind down then listen to some chill music and blog?

there are some big countdowns comin my way. for starters:

countdown #1: Jos' arrival into Colorado!
time left: approximately 14 days (aka 2 weeks)
we'll be boarding it up on the mountains, spending some quality time, and simply catching up and enjoying the time we have. i sure do miss that girl.

so to build the hype for her arrival, i found some pictures (oldies but goodies) from our last few times in colorado together:


-camping trip- although it was a bit sunnier and warmer, we will be seeing these mountains again soon. this was on our camping trip this summer, before we all parted ways.... a gorgeous view of Longs Peak in the back.






-thanksgiving time
- some good food. fellowship. being goofy. hanging with the bachman's.

a little bit of huskers vs. buffs action.














even though we were hopeful...


unfortunately... the buffs stomped on us. :(














countdown #2: baby carlstrom arrives!!!
time left: 77 days, 7 hours... and some odd minutes and seconds.

my sister is getting h-u-g-e!

i just recalled when i was first informed of this grand news, which was right before thanksgiving... can't believe how fast time flies.


i cannnnnnnooooooot wait to be an aunt! i know it will be a while until the babe talks, but i cannot wait to hear 'aunt lacey'.... well, it will probably come out more like 'ant wacey' or 'an wazey'....but hey, I am down with it!


mom gave me the word tonight that the baby's name is officially picked out! but that really doesn't help when we do not know the gender or will know the name until the little babe arrives...which is going to be sooooon!

i have already realized that most of my government loans are rapidly being distributed to Baby Gap. Darn them for making their clothes and sales too much to resist.

"Hello, my name is Lacey...and.... I am a baby clothes addict." It's true.

Well. With the two countdowns and also THE OFFICE coming back on with new episodes in 39 days (Countdown to April 10th, I believe), I am more than motivated with school and work till these tick down!

As a depart for the evening/morning and begin to count sheep, I leave you with this profound quote on what it means to be imperfect human trying to live a decent life:


"
Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I don't know... I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me... that's the opposite of the point I'm trying to make."

- Michael Gary Scott.

1 comment:

auntmeggie said...

insomnia blows.

thats all i have to say about that.