Wednesday, April 2, 2008

a must read.

i am not a big fan of long-distance traveling via car and solo.

so this last venture back to colorado I happened to stop at my hometown's public library to browse the 'audio books' section.

after narrowing the choice to 3 books, totaling approximately 25 hours of books (only for a 6 hour drive mind you) i settled on making my first listening choice with "Marley and Me".

The story is basically an autobiography of a guy, his family, and his unforgettable and crazy dog, Marley....and all the valuable lessons and memories he learns from the experience with Marley.

I believe I subconsciously chose this book above the rest to live vicariously through the author...since Oliver is vacationing. :D

Wow. It's been a great book. I am almost done and I can honestly say I look forward to get into my car to listen to the book....and even drive longer routes and slower to keep listening.

It's a sad one and a good one. Not for the faint in heart.... :) Or maybe it is the overly sentimental and sobby animal lover in me.

check it out when you get the chance. it has some great things to take home regarding unconditional love, loyalty, and priorities in life. who would have thought a book about a dog could offer so much insight and reflection!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.